Strawberries and Cream smoothie

Smoothies make a terrific quick breakfast or meal replacement any time of day. This is one of my favorite breakfast smoothies and it contains  antioxidants and protein to  nourish and support your immune system as well as keep me full all morning.

SMOOTHIE BOOSTERS:

OMEGA 3
Essential in your diet and will support your health in every way such as reduce inflammation, nourish the brain, help with fat loss and protect the heart. Add 1 teaspoon flaxseed, chia, walnut or their oils into any smoothie.

SUPERFOODS / ANTIOXIDANTS
Loaded with antioxidants to nourish your body with vitality. Provides a nutritional boost to support your healthy diet. Add one teaspoon of Healthy Chef Organic Superfood Antioxidant into your next smoothie and feel energiSed.

PROBIOTICS
Good bacteria that help protect our immune and digestive system. Fermented foods such as natural yoghurt and keifir are a great addition to smoothies and you can also add a concentrated powder available from health food stores.

PROTEIN
Healthy Chef Pure Native Whey and Organic Pea Protein is a great addition to any smoothie. They contain all the essential amino acids needed to repair and support a healthy body. Add 2 tablespoons into any smoothie.

BERRIES
Low in calories and high in antioxidants. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition found that adding strawberries to meals slowed the insulin responses by delaying the absorption of sugars in the digestive tract. Insulin is an anabolic hormone that increases storage of fat, protein and glucose. It’s main effect in regard to fat is to block lipolysis (oxidation of fat). Throw frozen or fresh berries into any smoothie.

CINNAMON
As little as ¼ – ½ teaspoon of cinnamon added to smoothies can help stabilize blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.

150 g strawberries – frozen
250 ml (1 cup) coconut water
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI or Organic Pea Protein

COMBINE all the ingredients into a blender.
BLEND until smooth smooth + creamy.
ENJOY.

PER SERVING:

Protein: 29.2 g
Total Fat: 0.3 g
Saturated: 0
Carbs: 4.1 g
Sodium: 37 mg
Fiber: 3.3 g
kilojoules: 557

Comments
14 Responses to “Strawberries and Cream smoothie”
  1. Hayley says:

Hey I was wondering, if the frozen strawberries where the already frozen or fresh then frozen?

2. Louise Humphris says:

As we are dairy free and need protien, I add almonds or a boiled egg to the mix along with keffir and the same seeds. I haven’t tried it with tahini or making the chia into a gel, but I will give that a try also. Strawberries are cheap at the moment & I have been buying 4 punnets at a time, washing & pruning them and then they go straight into a snap lock bag and I have them ready for my shake or sorbet.

3. Petra says:

Hi Teresa, for the dairy free alternative how much soy milk do you use?

4. Sally says:

Can you recommend a protein powder (brand)?

There are so many on the market, very confusing.

Thanks, Sally

5. Linda says:

Hi Teresa! Is it ok to add protein powder as well as the original ingredients to this recipe?

6. Linda says:

Thanks Teresa! By the way, I received your 80/20 book yesterday and I love it, you are a star!

7. Caitlin says:

Hi Teresa! just wondering what brand of yogurt you would use for this?
    i absolutely love natural yogurt, there’s quite to choose from so i thought i would ask you :)

8. vanessa says:

Can you use a Bamix stick blender for this smoothie, or will it not be able to crush the ice?