Blueberry, Chia + Banana Pancakes

This is my delicious flourless pancake recipe packed full of wholefood goodness. Made from organic eggs, smashed banana, almond and lush blueberry, making this the perfect healthy indulgence. The banana adds moisture and the almond meal adds structure and richness. What I love about these is that they are easy to make and the whole family will love them.  For those who have nut allergies, you can substitute almond meal for 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut. I love to serve mine with a dollop of lush natural yoghurt or cashew cream + Tahitian vanilla.

What’s good about them:
Bananas are a terrific energy food and a great source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.They add moisture and sweetness to baked goods, which means you don’t need to add any sugar. Almonds are packed full of protein and heart healthy fats that can help lower cholesterol as well as keep blood sugars stable. Blueberries are a great source of potassium that helps to regulate muscle contraction and fluid balance. The rich colour from blueberries comes from anthocyanins that are antioxidants which neutralise free radicals. These pancakes hit the mark in every way and are a great way to help your body refuel.

For more delicious pancake recipes check out my Ricotta Pancakes, Buckwheat Pancakes, or Pancakes w/ Orange Blossom Honey

Makes 6 pancakes

100 g (1 cup) ground almonds ( see notes on nut free and high protein option )
1 tablespoon chia seed – or ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
250 g  – 2 ripe bananas, smashed
2 free range eggs
125 g blueberries to serve

Combine smashed banana and eggs.
Add almond meal, linseed, baking powder and cinnamon.
Fold in blueberries if using.
Rest for 5 minutes.
Heat a pan over a low heat and add a little coconut, macadamia  or olive oil.
Spoon pancake batter into rounds onto the pan and flatten slightly with the back of your spoon.
Cook over a very low heat. Take your time and don’t rush.
Flip over and finish cooking.
Serve and enjoy with natural or coconut yoghurt.

Notes + Inspiration
Pump up the protein and use 4 tablespoons Healthy Chef Natural Protein in place of the almonds.
Nut free option:
Use 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut in place of the almond meal for nut free.

Comments
47 Responses to “Blueberry, Chia + Banana Pancakes”
  1. Kellie says:

Ah, I love getting new, healthy recipes in my inbox. Looks delish! I can’t wait to try this little treat!

2. Sophie says:

I’m making these tomorrow morning for breakfast. Mmmm!

3. Kim says:

Without sounding like a pig…….is this quanity meant for 1 or 2 people??

Regards
    Kim

4. I love that they are sugar and grain free.. :)

Teresa, what do you think of coconut palm sugar?

5. Katie says:

Yum. These look delicious.

6. Charlotte says:

Hi Teresa – can I use LSA mix instead of Almond and Linseed portions?

7. Glenn says:

Do you make the almond meal or buy it? If making it do you use whole almonds or flaked?
    Thanks, these recipes are awesome.

• I normally buy a bulk 10KG lot of almond meal for my baking. however you can just buy a few 100 G from the supermarket or make your own using whole or flaked almonds – both work …but meal must be fine and delicate. :)

• Glenn says:

Thanks. I have been looking at recipes for making almond milk. I recently bought a vitamix and am getting my head around it. If I make the almond milk and strain it is the stuff that is left behind considered the almond meal?

8. Clare says:

Hi Teresa, I’m loving receiving your recipes weekly, thankyou for inspiring us to make healthy recipes,they are awesome. So wonderful that there is a healthy chef in Australia! May I ask it you get your almond meal online? Also, is the vitamix similar to the thermo-mix in its capabilities?

• Clare says:

I actually made these the other day and they tasted fantastic. My daughter loved them too, and said they taste kind of like friands! And she is hard to please when it comes to gluten free recipes! Thanks Theresa

9. Lisa says:

Hi Teresa

thank you once again for fantastic recipes, I really enjoing recieving your emails each week.
    I was wondering can you replace the bananas in this recipe with apple puree, I’m not able to eat bananas.
    many thanks, Lisa

10. Jenny says:

Making pancakes now, do you think they would be ok to freeze? :) :)

11. Karla says:

These are divine!! The blueberries just make them! My husband in particular hasn’t stopped raving about them and will be making more this morning. Thank you!

12. Soooo Cool to read or the great responses….Yes Karla – it’s important hubby likes them ! I test mine out on him every time a design a recipe :) x

13. Taryn says:

I’ve made these the last 3 Saturdays for brekky. So yumm! I love them, my partner loves that they are paleo and they are so filling!

14. Adele says:

These are amazing my 14 month old son loves them too. He got so excited when I got the remaining pancakes out of the fridge this morning! I made them with half blueberries half raspberries and they were delicious.

15. nikkiwarner says:

Made them this morning and they were DELICIOUS!! Even my kids loved them and they are super fussy!!

16. Sally says:

Hi Teresa!
    Found your website yesterday and made these pancakes this morning!
    Spectacular!! Great great recipes, thankyou for sharing these :)
    Looking forward to making more of these wonderful creations!

17. Sally says:

I LOVE THIS RECIPE, i am addicted to the recipes on your website!
    Thankyou for easy to prepare and cook recipes.
    Ive bought the local shop where i live in Hong Kong out of almonds and almond meal!
    hahaha
    Thanks,

Sally

18. Rachael says:

Just made these for a friends birthday breakfast – we all loved them including the kids!
    Thanks

19. Sue says:

Divine and so satisfying. I used pears instead of all banana once, as that is what I had available. Worked very well. This recipe has become a Sunday morning standard at our house. Thanks so much for sharing your love of feeding people – rather than just eating Teresa.

20. Kate Larsen says:

Beautiful! These turned out great, the best thing is that I don’t feel all heavy and giulty for having pancakes. I don’t need to pig out either because they are nice and filling.
    Love them!

21. Jessica says:

Just made these for breakfast, they were yummy. I halved the recipie, used ground hazelnut as I didn’t have almonds, and used chia seeds in place of lindseed. I only had frozen mixed berries and used 2 raspberries for each pancake, the sweetness was amazing, will use more berries next time. Thanks for a great recipie Theresa, will be cooking another one of your recipies today, just not sure which one, they all look so amazing :)

22. Kathy says:

I made your delicious blueberry banana pancakes this morning ;-) I ground my own almonds so they weren’t quite as fine as they should of been but the extra bit of crunch was terrific!!! AMAZING!! Thank you for your website, recipes and all the healthy information you share!
    Much appreciated,
    Blessings,
    Kathy
    Pennsylvania

23. Gen says:

So delicious! I just made these for lunch today and used additional almond meal in place of the ground linseed. I served with maple syrup and natural yoghurt. They were amazing!

24. Chloe says:

We love your recipes, your apple crumble is one of our favs! We have an egg allergy, can you suggest a substitute? Looking forward to trying these pancakes :)

25. jo cook says:

i want to try these, so i do weight training what do you suggest for b4 training if the pancakes are after and would they be in lieu of my protein shake or as well

26. Tanya says:

It’s pancake day today, so I thought it would be the perfect day to try this recipe. It’s DELICIOUS!! I love that the banana and blueberries add some guilt-free sweetness. I’ve been a fan of yours (all the way from the UK!) since discovering this website and I’m excited to try more of your recipes!

27. Lucia says:

Hi Teresa, do you know if children can eat almond meal? I have a three years old who loves pancakes. I would like to make this recipe for him.

28. Surfergirl says:

Hi – love your recipes : )
    Can you pl tell me what would be a good substitute for the eggs in this recipe?

29. Kate says:

Hello, these look delicious!! Just wondering can you use coconut flour instead of the almond meal?

30. Clare says:

Can left over pancakes be frozen?
    Thanks
    Clare

31. Kisa Walsh says:

Hi Teresa
    Love the recipe. Can I use psyllium husk instead of chia seeds? Thanks
    Kisa :-)

32. Tace says:

Wow! I just have to say thank you so much for this recipe. I think they are one of the nicest foods we have ever eaten :)

33. Rachel says:

hi Teresa, I made these for breakfast this morning and they were delicious, do you have the nutrition breakdown? cals, protein etc per serve?

34. Katie says:

Thank you for this delicious recipe! It made for a tasty alternative to our regular pancake batter, my kids loved it :)

35. Diana says:

We’ve just had these for tea on pancake day and they tasted great. I’ve not made this sort before and think they could have been cooked longer, you don’t give any timings though! How long would you suggest?
    Thanks

Trackbacks
  1. [...] for SciaticaTreatment of SciaticaMuscle Building Muscle BuildingFive Foods That Reduce StressBlueberry + Banana Pancakes : The Healthy Chef – Teresa Cutter .recentcomments a{display:inline !important;padding:0 !important;margin:0 [...]

2. [...] FUEL: Recovery Smoothie Energy Smoothie Superfood Berry Smoothie Protein Power Balls Blueberry + Banana Pancakes Bircher Muesli Power Porridge Banana Bread Pumpkin Fruit Cake Muesli Muffins Home Made Muesli [...]

3. [...] with Orange blossom honey Blueberry + Banana Pancakes Buckwheat [...]