Why Native Whey Protein Isolate is better than Protein Concentrate
When you walk into a supermarket or health food store, you are confronted by rows of products and powders promising weight loss or lean toned muscle. It can get a bit confusing picking the best one for your needs, as well as understanding how it’s prepared and the ingredients used to make it. There are some key factors to consider when deciding on the right protein supplement for you.
Protein concentrate is derived from the by-products of cheese making. Pure Native Whey Protein Isolate ( WPI ) is NOT, so it’s free from ingredients that tend to disrupt digestive health and interfere with protein absorption such as milk solids, casein, milk powder, fats, bacteria, ferments/enzyme and rennet.
Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI is ultra filtered directly from pasture-raised, ( grass fed ) hormone-free raw milk that has only had one single pasteurisation process as required by law – All other processing methods are done at cold temperature to preserve the native character of the protein ( defined as un-denatured ). This allows for a clean and pure source of protein that tastes purely delicious and is quickly absorbed into the body. Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI is also low in fat, low in carbohydrates, high in protein and free of soy protein, sugar and gluten and provides a pure, bio-available source of protein that does not cause bloating or gastro-intestinal distress.
Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI is the purest, undiluted protein source that is produced in a manner that aligns with our philosophy at the healthy chef – PURITY, SIMPLICITY, NATURAL and DELICIOUS.
WHY HEALTHY CHEF PURE NATIVE WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE (WPI) IS SO GOOD
- PURE RAW INGREDIENTS: derived from grass fed, hormone-free raw milk. Our dairy farmers are part of a national co-op and ensure humane treatment of animals and sound farming practices.
- COLD PROCESSED: filtered at cold temperatures to preserve the native character of the protein (defined as un-denatured). No acid extraction or high temperature processing.
- MICRO + ULTRA-FILTERED: removal of casein, fat, lactose and bacteria, which may trigger gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, flatulence, constipation and effect absorption.
- NO BY-PRODUCTS: naturally free from any byproducts resulting from cheese production.
- EASILY DIGESTED: less than 0.01g of lactose per serve as (natural lactase enzyme added during filtration to reduce lactose). Free from gluten, FODMAPS, milk solids, skim milk powder, thickeners and gums.
- HIGH IN LEUCINE: essential branched chain amino acid that promotes muscle synthesis and exercise recovery.
- GLUTATHIONE PRECURSOR: High concentrations Cysteine (as Cystine)- an essential amino acid precursor for glutathione production. Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that fights oxidative stress and boosts immune function.
- HIGH BIOAVAILABILITY: Complete protein profile – all amino acids present. Comprised of > 95% protein, rapidly absorbed into the body without digestive disruptions.
- NO NASTIES: Free from soy protein, GMO, chemicals, artificial sweeteners + flavours, vegetable oils/fats, milk solids, skim milk powder, caesin, thickeners, gums + sugar. Low in fat and carbohydrates.
- PURELY DELICIOUS: naturally flavoured with organic vanilla bean, organic alkaline cocoa and a hint of stevia to add a clean and purely delicious taste.
At the end of the day, we are all unique individuals with different bodies, health and life goals. At the Healthy Chef, we believe in encouraging you to take the journey and work out what suits you best. Listen to your body and let it be the decider. Experiment – try out a WPC for a month and then try our Pure Native WPI and see what suits you best :)