Yummy Simple Frosting ideas:
1. Thick Greek style yoghurt or coconut yoghurt.
2. For yummy cashew / macadamia nut cream combine 1 cup of raw cashew or macadamia nuts with ½ cup of water, coconut milk or orange juice and a little vanilla. Blend in a good high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Allow to thicken and settle in the fridge before using.
3. To make the vanilla soy cream, combine in a high speed blender 300 g silken tofu with 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup and 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract. Process until smooth and creamy. For a thicker cream, add 50 – 80 g cashew or macadamia nuts and process until creamy.
4. For a creamy cheesecake style frosting, combine 250 g (9 oz) soft cream cheese such as quark with a little lemon zest, juice, vanilla and a little organic maple syrup or raw honey to taste. Beat well until combined and creamy.
5. For a chocolate cream frosting combine 2 ripe avocados, ¼ cup cocoa or cacao powder, ¼ cup raw honey or organic maple syrup, a pinch of sea salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste. Blend in a Vitamix until smooth and creamy. Add a little splash of water for a smoother and fluffier consistency.
6. Make a white chocolate ganache by heating 120 ml coconut cream or quality organic cream in a small pot. Once boiled, remove from the heat. Add 200 g / 7 oz of quality white chocolate pieces and mix through until it has melted through the cream and look thick and glossy. Allow to cool at room temperature until you have a spreadable consistency. Top with coconut flakes and berries.