Mango Lassi

Mango Lassi A-7308

This purely delicious mango lassi is what I love to enjoy for a quick and healthy breakfast after an early morning bike ride. I normally like to freeze the mango or other fruit I am using, so it’s icy cold and creamy when i’ve blended my lassi. This is also delicious topped with healthy chef granola or pistachio nuts that adds another dimension of flavour and texture that makes this the perfect high performance recovery food.
What’s great about it:
Fermented foods such as yoghurt contains probiotics which are live microorganisms (good bacteria) that help protect our immune and digestive system allowing the nutrients in our healthy food to be absorbed better into our blood stream. The word probiotic means pro-life; so where possible choose foods that are life giving to your health. Fresh fruit such as mango also work as prebiotics and help stimulate probiotic bacteria growth in the digestive system and help rebuild a healthy micro biome.

Ginger is a delicious spice that has been enjoyed around the world for thousands of years. It’s a staple in my kitchen, adding a distinct zingy flavour to cooking while boasting an impressive list of health properties – a true super-food in my books! Scientifcially shown to have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, ginger helps to boost immune function and combat cellular damage.

Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric, which also gives it the distinct and vibrant yellow colouring. Curcumin has potent anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, detoxifying and gastrointestinal health properties, which have been linked to the prevention of cancer cell growth and management of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, asthma, eczema and inflammatory bowel disease. Turmeric is nutritional powerhouse, rich in manganese, zinc, B group vitamins and iron. .

Mango Lassi
1 mango –   chopped
1 cup (250 ml / 8  1/2   fl oz)  cultured yoghurt
1/2 cup (125 ml / 4 1/2 fl oz) fresh orange juice
1/2  teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
handful of ice to blend
1 teaspoon chia seeds and bee pollen (optional) for omega 3 and antioxidant benefits.

Combine Ingredients into a high performance blender.
Blend until smooth, lush and creamy.
Garnish with a dusting of crushed pistachios and a little extra turmeric
Enjoy
Serves 1 – 2

Notes
I love to use 2 frozen bananas for this recipe.
Enjoy topped with healthy chef granola and fresh blueberry or pineapple for a purely delicious breakfast.

BOOSTERS:
Healthy Chef Protein
I’ve designed my protein to be the purest and most delicious protein you can get! A great source of amino acids needed to repair, rebuild and support a healthy body. Rich in BCAA’s (branched chain amino acids).  Studies show that BCAA’s can reduce fatigue and improve exercise performance, reduce muscle breakdown and facilitate healing. Our range is specifically designed to help support perfect digestive health. They are free from gluten, fillers, gums, artificial sweeteners, chemicals, preservatives and sugar that can often cause gastric distress.

Mango Lassi B-7310

Comments
16 Responses to “Mango Lassi”
  1. Amanda says:

Hi Teresa, this receipe looks amazing but I have never seen bee pollen in any other recipe and I am curious as to where can I purchase this product or if there an alternative I could use?

Thanks, Amanda

2. Caroline says:

By putting the chia seeds in the blender, do we lose some of the benefits of the chia as it no longer becomes gelatinous?

3. Silvia says:

Hi Teresa, this lassi must be truly healthy and delicious. My only concern is adding turmeric as I read it should be cooked before eating it. What are your thoughts on this?

• Hi Silvia – turmeric added raw or cooked provides amazing anti-inflammatory benefits. I’m always adding it to my fresh green juices every morning and grating raw into salads and dressings…a purely amazing superfood. T:)

4. Erin says:

Oh my god you’ve taken me back to the memories of when I was in India a few years back! Banana lassi’s got me through the entire trip with my sensitive stomach. Can not WAIT to try this recipe. Thanks Teresa

5. Ruth says:

Just tried this recipe – the most amazing taste ever, with ginger & turmeric giving that extra zing!!

6. Florie says:

Made this today with bananas as I didn’t have mangoes! Very nice! Thanks for all the good recipes!

7. Sandra says:

Can I add honey instead of bee pollen? Afraid of buying product in case I become allergic. Have hayfever tendencies

8. Harvin Paul says:

This.was.divine. Love your recipes, thank you!! :)

9. Sara says:

Could you add your protein powder to this??

10. Jane says:

I made this yesterday and it was delicious however the recipe seems to have changed over night? Where have the chia seeds and bee pollen gone and orange juice is now added?

11. Lea-Anne says:

I made this with my daughters yesterday – with some added protein powder. It was absolutely divine! Thanks so much for an inspired recipe.

12. Monica says:

This has certainly being the YUMMIEST and tastiest Mango lassi I have EVER tasted. Thank you for the receipe xx