Looking for a delicious Anzac Biscuit recipe? In this post you’ll find the Anzac Biscuit that suits your needs. For those who would love my Gluten Free or Paleo Anzacs, they are featured exclusively in my Healthy Chef Recipe App. Anzac biscuits are traditionally made with rolled oats, butter, sugar, golden syrup, white flour and coconut. I’ve adjusted the original recipe to create a few different versions of this fabulous biscuit so that you’ll hopefully find the creation that works for you. The first is my favourite and based on traditional rolled oats combined with coconut, almond and heart healthy / anti-inflammatory macadamia nut oil, and I must admit it’s hard to stop at one.
What’s great about them:
Dairy free Anzac Biscuits
½ cup (40 g / 1 1½ oz) organic desiccated or flaked coconut
½ cup (60 g / 2 ¼ oz) flaked or chopped almonds
2 ½ tablespoons macadamia nut oil, cold pressed coconut or extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey or your alternative such as organic maple rice or yacon syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 150 C / 300 F.
- Combine oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor or the dry jug in the Vitamix.
- Add the oil, honey and vanilla.
- Turn on the food processor or Vitamix and mix well for about 15 – 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the water and process again. The addition of water will help the cookie mixture stick together.
- Form into 20 small cookies and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Flatten down with enough room around each cookie.
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before eating and enjoy.
Nut free Anzac Biscuits
1 cup (125 g / 4 oz) organic wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup (85 g / 3 oz) desiccated coconut
1 cup (160 g / 5 1/2 oz) coconut sugar or natural unrefined brown sugar
1 cup (100 g / 3 1/2 oz) rolled organic oats
125 g (4 oz) quality butter or (cold pressed coconut oil or macadamia nut oil)
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
pinch bicarb soda
1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat your oven to 15oC / 300 F.
- Combine spelt, coconut, sugar and oats into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter, vanilla and honey in a small pot over a gentle heat.
- Combine bicarb soda and warm water to dissolve.
- Stir into the butter and mix well until it all foams up in the pot.
- Remove from the heat and pour into your spelt mixture.
- Combine well until a dough forms.
- Rest for 30 minutes covered at room temperature.
- Form into biscuits and press down onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for 30 minutes then enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
FOR GLUTEN-FREE ANZACS CLICK HERE