Gingersnap + Lemon Tea

LEMON + GINGERSNAP TEA

In Natural Medicine, ginger is used as a potent detoxifying and antiviral herb that helps the body get rid of toxins, stimulate circulation and boost your immune system. It’s regarded as a natural antibiotic for the body and helps to reduce congestion and mucous production. Lemon is great mixed with the tea as it adds a lovely freshness and helps with the detoxification process.  Turmeric is a natural antiviral with potent anti anti-inflammatory properties. High in cur cumin a powerful antioxidant – just a little fresh grated turmeric is all you need. Forget the tea bags, use the real deal and make this wonderful lemon and gingersnap tea yourself from scratch. I brew up a large tea pot and allow the flavours to infuse for at least 5 minutes, then sip slowly and allow the natural properties to infuse into my body.

What’s great about it:
Each of the ingredients have unique, natural medicinal qualities and when they are combined, they create a soothing tea that can relieve digestive symptoms, support detoxification and boost the immune system.

1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated
Juice from ½ lemon
1/2   teaspoon of fresh turmeric finely grated
4 cups fresh boiled filtered water

Combine the lemon juice, ginger, turmeric into a large tea pot.
Pour over freshly boiled filtered water.
Steep for 3 – 5 minutes.
Sip slowly and feel the healing benefits infuse into your body.
Sweeten to taste if desired with your choice of Manuka honey or stevia.

NOTES AND INSPIRATION:
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or fresh garlic to increase detoxifying and anti-viral effects.
Check out my favourite Top 10 natural foods to Super-Charge your immune system naturally.

Comments
17 Responses to “Gingersnap + Lemon Tea”
  1. Dianne Winterbine says:

I make a fairly potent brew of ginger and lemon tea, but I also add garlic and chilli or horseraddish when I have a cold. The garlic spoils the taste but Manuka honey improves it. When I take it at the first hint of a cold, it seems to keep it away.

2. Maryann says:

Will this work without the lemon or do you have suggest to replace the lemon. I have acid reflux and citrus makes it worse. I like the idea and love ginger.

3. Lou says:

I loved this. Will make many times a week for sure :)

4. Roma says:

Works well with a half teaspoon of green or white tea leaves too (and manuka honey for those who want a hint of sweetness) :)

5. Jenny says:

Yum. Finally a recipe for a herbal drink that is nice. Really like the fact that you don’t need tea. Have tried it with the Manuka honey and it was great. As I have 2 Stevia plants growing, my next batch will be made using fresh stevia leaves. Thanks for all your effort in creating beautiful foods.

6. Angelika says:

Ahhh yes, thank you Teresa, this takes me back to Poland. Such a simple recipe and a good remedy for a cold. The scent of ginger always reminds me of cold winter days.
    Beautiful colours and taste. Pozdrowienia :)

7. Jenny says:

Could you replace ginger with galangal? I have just dug up a huge crop.

8. Magdalena says:

Where I live there is no fresh turmeric to be had. Can I use powdered? Is it much less potent?

9. Georgi says:

What a timely post, as I am reading this the news is reporting on a study just done that is showing that tumeric may help prevent Alzheimers!Is fresh tumeric readily available from the fruit shop or only from health shops?

10. Kym says:

This has a nice kick which is helping me try and quit coffee.

11. lana says:

Can i drink this tea everyday first thing in the morning?

12. S says:

Yum! Thanks!

13. Ali says:

Ahhh! Just what I needed!
    I’m sipping on this as I type & I can already feel the benefits.
    Deliciously soothing. Thank you!