Superfood Green Tabouli

Here’s a terrific no fuss recipe to take to work….or anywhere for that matter. My version of Tabouli takes around 5 minutes to whip up in the kitchen and it keeps really well in a lunch box until you are ready to enjoy.  Any leftovers can be devoured as a side to pan roasted barramundi or king salmon then drizzled with extra lime or lemon.

Basically, this tabouli rocks !
The broccoli is full of alkalinising, anti-inflamatory and anti-cancer  phytonutrients called sulforaphane that work to support optimum health and protect against disease. Pistachios are high in the minerals potassium and magnesium to help nourish the nervous system when under stress. Avocado is heart healthy and anti-inflammatory to the body and can nourish the immune system and reduce symptoms of arthritis and depression. The lime and black pepper helps aid digestion and  the goji berries add extra antioxidants and a lovely hint of sweetness that I love in this salad.

Serves 4

Time it takes: 5 minutes

350 g raw broccoli ( 1 large head broccoli)
6 spring onion finely sliced
100 g (1 large bunch) parsley, chopped
100 g (1 large bunch) mint, chopped
1/2  avocado, chopped
20 g ( a good handful)  pumpkin seeds
50 g (2 good handfuls) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
100 g baby spinach leaves
Juice from 3 limes or 2 lemons
1 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil or flaxseed oil
30 g (1 handful) goji berries
A generous amount of black pepper + a little sea salt

Chop the raw broccoli as fine as you can with a large knife. I also use the stalks of the broccoli, but trim the tough outer layer before I chop.  You can also do this quickly in a food processor.
Combine the raw broccoli in a large bowl with the spring onion, parsley, mint, avocado, pumpkin seed, pistachio, spinach, lemon, olive oil, goji, black pepper and  a little sea salt.
Mix well until combined.
Taste and adjust if necessary.
Divide between serving bowls and enjoy.

NOTES + INSPIRATION
Add 1/2 teaspoon Healthy Chef Matcha Green Tea when combining the lemon and olive oil.
Add a few handfuls of raw green sprouts.
Add 1 -2 teaspoons Chia seeds for added omega 3 and fibre.

Comments
42 Responses to “Superfood Green Tabouli”
  1. Oh my goodness this looks awesome! I can’t wait to try it out, perfect for these spring days and you’re right a fab work lunch or bbq salad even!

• Jan says:

I have made this amazing salad at least a dozen times and passed the recipe on just as many times , it’s real winner and so good for you too even with a few adjustments such as dried cranberries and a little less mint and no dressing other than lemon juice squeezed on the avocado !!

2. Liz says:

I’m loving the recipes, thank you so much! Think it’s a great touch that you have info about the foods & a nutrition panel as well…. One impressed ‘costumer’ Well Done…. :)

3. No. You rock! Thanks for a great green tabouli side or main salad serve! XxDani

4. Sophie says:

I love your recipes! However, I’m allergic to avocado.. is there anything that can be used to substitute it? Or could I just leave it out?
    Thank you.

5. Emma Lyle says:

Can’t wait! Would it blow the nutritional balance out if I added some finely chopped roast capsisum? Im thinking of the sweetness for the kids? Thank you, em

6. Alph says:

Great stuff. This is a great add for upcoming summer menu. Perhaps the addition of a little quinoa?

7. Jessica Cox says:

Amazing, amazing, amazing! Lurrrve the use of the goji berries. That little bit of sweetness would just pop against the lemon juice. Would love this with a crispy skin salmon steak. Springtastic.

8. Ai Mie says:

Looks so fresh and sounds delicious! Can’t wait to have this with some of that pan roasted salmon you suggested!

9. Kelly says:

I just had to comment to say thanks Teresa for the awesome recipes, always so fresh and creative.

10. Kelly says:

11. pollyanna says:

Yum, thanks for this big shot of greens and viatims, I can taste it already and will make this as a weekly staple for the spring summer.

12. i_of_sauron says:

I love to add quinoa to my tabouli. It is a great replacement for cracked wheat.
    This recipe looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it. Such a great spin on an it.

13. Julia says:

Can’t wait to make this but what could I use instead if the parsley please???

14. Mia says:

Just made this for dinner!!! Amazing…definitely adding this to my weekly menu.
    Thanks you for all your delish recipes.
    I am constantly inspired.

15. Barbara Harvey says:

Have just made this for lunch. It is sooo yummy. Add Walnuts instead of Pistashios. Will be making this again.

16. Cara says:

Just made this, with a small steak on the side. So delicious! The Goji berries added a nice sweetness and chewiness!

17. Katy says:

Hi Theresa
    Loving your recipes, thank you! I am not a huge fan of mint. Should I just leave it out altogether, or replace it with something? Many thanks. x

18. Jane says:

Once again another fantastic recipe! Cant wait to make this, my husband who hates broccoli for some resaon can eat it in a salad, so now I have another recipe to make for him, thank you xxo

19. Katy says:

Woo hoo! The way broccoli should be! This salad rocks! Thanks so much Theresa!

20. Hayley says:

This is amazing. I served it tonight for friends with the spinach and ricotta tart and it was a big hit! And then I finished it off with naked chocolate cupcakes. Thanks for such inspiring healthy recipes Teresa!

• Linley says:

Hey hayley,

I made this salad tonight and the choc cupcakes too, what a great combo huh? Loving the recipes Theresa, had a really crap thyroid day and I feel better already.

Thanks x

21. Brenda says:

Great recipe – made it for our weekly co-op for my primal/paleo buddies. Great contrast of textures and flavours, especially goji berries with the lemon and salt in the dressing

22. Julie says:

AMAZING recipe, thank you Theresa. I made it at the beginning of the week, and left the dressing separate. Every day I have had it for lunch, adding the dressing at the last minute and a can of tuna in springwater. YUMMO. Thank you for your inspiration.
    xx

23. Dee says:

Love this twist on Tabouli, fantastic flavours! I had to substitute goji berries for sultanas as that’s all i had on hand, and omitted avocado as I’m not a huge fan- result was absolutely delicious all the same. Will become a regular salad in my house for sure!

24. Nikki says:

Just made this and it was so delish that I went back for a second bowl! Thank you for the great recipes Teresa :)

25. teakapenny says:

I am now obsessed with this salad. Love knowing I’m fuelling my body with such a wide variety of nutrients. Thanks Teresa, I seem to find myself on your website daily!

26. bella says:

Amazing recipe, people won’t stop requesting I make it now! Thanks again.

27. Wendy says:

Teresa, I am so grateful for your website! You make it so easy to decide what to cook for dinner every night. Everything I have made has been super easy, so delicious and the bonus is that everything is really healthy. I just made this tabouli. Wow! Fantastic. I love raw food, it makes you feel alive, so if you have anymore raw recipes up your sleeve, please share! Wishing you every success. We are all blessed to have you share your passion with us!

28. danica says:

Obsessing over this tabouli. So Delicious

29. Vanessa says:

Could I use coconut oil instead of olive oil?

30. Jacquie says:

Sheila Kassam I think u wld love this. Had it for lunch today…

31. Sophie says:

This is absolutely delicious. A new style of salad for me, but super yummy! Thank-you

32. Tam says:

I made this today. This was so good and most right from my garden! I made her gluten free quinoa and chia loaf also. Very good chef!

Trackbacks
  1. [...] night for dinner, I cooked the superfood green tabouli and added some gluten free pasts which was delicious. It’s not all greens and veggies either [...]

2. [...] great recipes: SUPERFOOD SALAD GREEN TABOULI RECOVERY SMOOTHIE MUESLI BARS APPLE + CINNAMON BREAKFAST COOKIE PROTEIN POWER BALLS RIBOLITA ROAST [...]

3. [...] LOVE this salad!  My favourite chef, Teresa Cutter has come up with this Superfood Green Tabouli which is so easy to make and great on its own or as a side dish.  I made this for dinner and had a [...]