Superfood Energy Smoothie

SUPERFOOD ENERGY SMOOTHIE - Blueberry -

The secret to perfect health is simple “EAT MORE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES” to feed and nourish your body from the inside out. As an additional benefit, you’ll also lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, improve sleep, improve memory + concentration, reduce stress and feel amazing !  I basically designed this recipe for myself to enjoy as a nourishing quick breakfast if I’m pushed for time and it makes me feel full and energised all morning. I love making up my own healthy meal replacement shakes as I know exactly what’s in them and what I’m putting into my body.

What’s great about it:
This smoothie is delicious and jam packed full of nutrients that feed your body on the inside so your skin glows on the outside.
Blueberries are a great source of potassium that helps to regulate muscle contraction and fluid balance. The rich colour from blueberries comes from anthocyanins that are antioxidants which neutralise free radicals.
Chia seeds are a great source of fibre, omega 3’s and protein, which makes them super nourishing. The fibre also helps eliminate toxins from the body.
Healthy Chef Organic Superfood is the ultimate whole food vitamin formula. A delicious blend of cold pressed organic fruit and vegetables designed to give you 30% of your recommended daily requirements in every serve. High in antioxidants to support healthy skin and better sports performance. High in pre-biotics to nourish healthy digestion and overall wellbeing. Healthy Chef Organic Superfood also contains green tea extract that is rich in polyphenols and catechins to support weight management and assist with fat oxidation.
Matcha has the ability to boost your immunity, control your stress and assist in weigh loss !

Healthy Chef Matcha Tea is the champion of green tea. One bowl of Matcha tea is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea – it’s a powerful, green tonic to revitalise the body and mind.
Pure Native WPI is clean + pure protein supplement that is ideal for improving skin and digestive health, a strong immune system, improved sports performance and recovery as well as sustained weight loss diets.   You can check out more benefits on our e-Store HERE

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
pinch of cinnamon
1 ripe banana, frozen
1  1/2 cups coconut water or cold-pressed almond milk
1/2 teaspoon Matcha
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI
1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Organic Superfood
1 teaspoons chia seeds

Combine blueberries, banana, almond milk, healthy chef protein, organic superfood, chia seed and goji berry into a high performance blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a serving glass.
Enjoy.

Notes + Inspiration
Boost antioxidants and add 1/2 teaspoon Organic Matcha

Comments
22 Responses to “Superfood Energy Smoothie”
  1. Jasmin says:

Great recipe. I’ve been having having protein smoothies every morning and loving the change. More recipes like this one please!!

2. Alexis says:

Hi, sounds tasty!! Is pro-boyotic powder ok for someone with a dairy & soy intolerance?

3. Angelique says:

Can you recommend a good probiotic powder?
    Thanks

4. Susan Hoff says:

I do pretty much the same every other day for breakfast, except I also break in 1 free range egg and add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Keeps me going until lunchtime :-)

• Bianca says:

I drink these nearly every morning within 1/2 hr of my workout for breakfast. I also add cinnamon & 1 x organic FR egg, I also like to add 1 tbs ground up unstabilised organic oats a few times a week for a carb boost. It also keeps me full all morning.

5. Holly says:

Hi Teresa, love your recipes! Just bought your 80/20 cook book :) just wondering if the nutritional break down you’ve got up there is when the smoothie is made with coconut water? I would probably make mine with yoghurt, so that would obviously make the calories higher, right? And it doesnt have spinach on the ingredients list, but would a handful of spinach leaves be suitable in this recipe? Thanks :)

6. Fiona says:

Do you recommend also adding “fats” ie avocado, for example I don’t like to add fruits to my green smoothies for high sugar / candida reasons. My smoothies are: greens, your pea protein, your superfood, chia, LSA, 1/4 avo, water, ice).

7. Dell says:

Can you please recommend a probiotic powder???

8. Liz says:

Hi Teresa
    Can u please provide a recipe for
    coconut water ?
    Thankyou

9. Allison says:

Hi,
    I’ve never added an egg to my smoothies – great idea. Thanks.

10. Tamara-Lee says:

Would love some FODMAP safe smoothies or any recipes for that matter.

11. Tenille says:

Hi Teresa, could you please recommend a probiotic powder? Thanks

12. Liz says:

Hi Teresa, loving this smoothie along with all others. Most of the time it makes up 2 serves for me. Is it ok to freeze portions of this ne and new like the green goddess smoothie?
    Thanks, Liz

13. Mark Hughes says:

This looks amazing. Thank you for this! Will blend it up tomorrow.

Trackbacks
  1. [...] Superfood Smoothie  anyone? I may not be a liquid type of girl but I know a lot of you are on the Smoothie bandwagon. Ps. Can’t wait to see this chickie at the expo this weekend! [...]

2. [...] some of my quick and easy recipes on the healthy eating stage – including macadamia nut milk, superfood smoothie, how to make the perfect kale salad and my awewome chocolate cake decorated with fresh raspberry. [...]